Friday 29 April 2011

Rules To Tow By (3/23/2010)

Originally posted to Facebook on Tuesday, March 23, 2010
 
I run a towing company with my dad. We mostly do insurance writeoffs. The biggest annoyance with this is when the vehicle is at a residence. From directions to find the place to getting the hell out of there, some people just don't get it! So if you ever write off your vehicle, remember these rules;

* Learn left from right, PLEASE!
* Never use left or right!
* Learn which way north, south, east, and west are and use them!
* 'You can't miss it' is the last thing I want to hear.
* No, I don't know where the old schoolhouse used to be.
* Get your crap out of the car BEFORE I get there. I've got a long drive and don't need to wait an hour while you find your CD's and cell phone charger.
* It's not your car anymore. Remember that check you got from the insurance company? It's theirs now!
* I have no paperwork for you. Remember above? It's not yours anymore and I sure as hell wouldn't drive 300+ miles to 'steal' a 92 Caravan with 300k on it and a smashed frount end.
* I don't need your help backing up or loading, it's not my first day. Just get out of the way and it'll take 2 minutes.
* DO NOT lock the doors/take the keys. Who is going to steal a vehicle with no frount wheels?
* The keys are part of the vehicle, not a souvenir.
* I'm not going to 'fix it up' or do anything with it. Remember, insurance companies.
* It's just a car. It's not like it's anything special.
* The battery, stereo, and tires are part of the vehicle. Leave them alone.
* If you changed the wheels or stereo from non-factory, remove it before I get there.
* Don't park 5 other vehicles in front of it. You know I'm coming so make it easy.
* I DON'T CARE! I'm here to do a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment