Friday 29 April 2011

Parking (10/6/2009)

Originally posted to Facebook on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

There is a problem that I feel needs to finally be adressed. Disabled parking. I'm not talking about the number or quality of spaces, or about people who don't need them taking them from people who do. What I am talking about is the vast array of stickers, placards, signs, badges and so on across the world. Many times I've heard stories of people receiving fines because there badge isn't recognised when visiting another country or even state. If international drivers licences can be issued why not international handicapped parking permits? It's time to stop treating those with physical disabilities like criminals because they need more room to get in and out of their vehicle! This issue needs to be addressed on a global scale. Why shouldn't I be able to travel just because of my disability?

No comments:

Post a Comment