Friday 29 April 2011

Lifes Easier If Your A Lowlife (6/27/2009)

Originally posted to Facebook on Monday, July 27, 2009 at 12:58pm
 
So I open the paper this morning and what do I see? Some loser addicted to morphine "cus they gave it to me!" Well, that's not the part that really pissed me off. What really got me is the fact that he's been on AISH for the last 10 years! And says how greatful he is that such an organization was so willing to help him. WHAT!?!
If you don't know, AISH is (allegedly) Asured Income for the Severly Handicapped. Now how in the hell is being a junkie a 'severe handicap'? Yet when I applied, they screwed me around for over 6 months, denied me, had to go to an appeal board and be treated like I'm just some lazy douchebag who can go pump gas somewhere, i'm just to lazy. And then when I do get approved, they want to re-ascess in a year to figure out if I still qualify. And they won't back-pay for all the months they screwed me around cus "you've managed fine so far." Sure douchebag, managed only with the help of friends and family, and gotten way behind on bills just trying to survive.
Now, what the fuck does severly handicapped mean? I want to work. I hate sitting around doing nothing. But I'm sure as hell not going to type numbers into a computer the rest of my life!
I wish I would've been a loser and got addicted to morphine too, instead of living with the pain, which evidently I 'imagined' until my leg magically split open and drained a bunch of pus. Would make things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment