Friday 29 April 2011

Can Anyone Else Hear The Giant GONG!? (6/29/2009)

Originally posted to Facebook on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 3:36pm
 
So after nearly 2 weeks at the 'wonderful' RAH, the're shipping me back to Vermillion, yet again. Yay. But of course it's never simple. O no, not when Crapital Health is involved.
They tell me this morning I'm going, but nobody seems to know when. I want to get all my stuff packed up, but keep hearing 'later'. Finally at about 10:40 i find out the're coming to get me at 11. Well now it's a rush to get packed and ready.
At about 11 this fat ass (it literally stuck out behind her at least 8") EMT comes in there and "O, we can't take the wheelchair." Wait, what? They took it last time. O well, it's not like I need it or anything . . . O wait, yes I do! If someone had a prostetic leg would you leave that behind?
O, but they have wheelchairs at the hospital. Ya, hospital chairs moron, and those things are dogs. My chair cost $3800 and the RoHo coushin was another $600. Don't think I'm gunna leave that at the RAH with all those lowlifes and losers around, not to mention some of the patients and visitors they get in there.
Of course, when they called to arrange transport they decide the same ambulance can take two people, and not Chris' legs. 'But even if we were only taking one person, theres no room for a wheelchair.' Since when? It fit in the back of a little freakin Cavalier, but won't fit in an ambulance? The wheels come off and the back folds down, genius.
And the whole time, little miss lard ass is rolling her eyes and mumbling under her breath. They took my vitals. My blood pressure was 129/80 and my pulse was 124. Just before they got there my BP was 105/55 and my pulse was 65.
So after almost an hour they decide the're gunna courier my chair to Vermilion. Well, I've been here for two hours waiting to see what's missing if/when it gets here.
O, and why the hell can't these little geek EMT's drive? The whole trip it was speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down, and weave back and forth. You could feel him turn the wheel three times to get around a gentle curve. Smooth as a brillo pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment