Friday 29 April 2011

Disablilties (4/23/2009)

Originally posted to Facebook on Thursday, April 23, 2009


One thing that’s really been bugging me lately is the incredible pouting of people with diabetes claiming it's such a horrible disability. It is NOT a disability at all. It is a perfectly manageable disease that in no way should affect the quality of anyones life. If you don't want to look after yourself it's your own damn fault. I have been diabetic since 1988, when it took 2 minutes to test your blood sugar, not 5 seconds, strips were cheap and monitors were expensive, and less was known. You never hear people with asthma wine about how hard they have it. Get over it, it is not a disability. I am diabetic, epileptic, a T4/T3 paraplegic, and I do not consider myself disabled. As far as I am concerned, disabilities only exist within ones own mind. Be grateful for what you still have instead of crying about what you lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment